“My carrots taste like plastic…” Yes, those words have flowed from my mouth. Yuck. There is nothing worse than being stuck in a hospital and even worse when its your child’s admission. Completely speaking from experience (I am in the hospital with my son as I am typing this). You have to take care of yourself in order to take care of others. It’s hard to feel at home in a hospital but there are ways to make you feel more comfortable. I don’t know about you but good food that warms my belly, warms my heart.
I recently discovered an app called EAT24. Available via App Store. This app is amazing! If you don’t believe me go download it right now, and see for yourself. It’s free, and you can type in what you are craving. The customer service is amazing. If my food hasn’t arrived or I have a question, you can quickly ask via chat window and a very friendly person will help you.
I actually pay around the same amount I would if I were buying food in the hospital cafeteria, for food that is gross and repetitive.
Here are the steps ( to make it easier for you, because I care lol)
1. Download EAT24 from App Store
2. Make sure your privacy setting let the app find your location ( or manually type it in)
3. Select which restaurant you want to order from, then select delivery
4. Once you click check out, a window will pop up showing what you are about to order. At the top there is a box you can type in. This is what my message says “Once in lobby, please call 555-555-5555 and I will come down to you.” Usually delivery guys can’t come straight to the room. So it’s best to give them those instruction, just make sure your cell phone volume is up…(I learned the hard way lol)
5. You can choose your method of pay. Debit/Credit, PayPal, or cash.
6. Once you submit your order, you can click “check order status” and it will show a timer so you know how soon your food should be coming.
7. If for some reason things are taking longer than they should, click the button under the timer that says “ message EAT 24” and someone can check on it for you.
Hope I have helped your stay at your “Home away from home” just a tad more comfortable! Enjoy…