Why did I choose the name ONE RUMMY MOM? In other words its “One Tired Mom”. When I was little my friend and I were so over tired. We couldnt stop laughing! She yelled out “We are so rummy!” I think she made it up, but I always used that word when I was overtired because it sounded funny. If you know me at all, I am ALWAYS over tired hence…I am rummy. And NO I am not an alcoholic LOL!
My name is Karissa, and I am 24. I live in Northern California. I am a wife to my best friend Joel, 5 years. We have two kids, Lacie & Conner. Lacie is 4, and Conner is 2. We are also Jehovah’s Witnesses. Conner has Tuberous Sclerosis Complex type 2. It is called a “Pinch Disease”so his diagnosis of Tuberous sclerosis brings on many other diagnosis’. He has Epilepsy, Infantile Spasms, Sensory Issues, Autism (still in process of diagnosis) and 3rd degree heart block which was just fixed by putting in a pace maker yay!! He is also globally delayed. Our family has been put through the ringer, but we have learned so much, and I hope that I can share with you all that I have learned. It’s vital to make things funny, and make time for yourself and your other family members! We stay pretty busy with doctors appointments and hospital visits. Regardless, we still try to live our life the best way we can.
A little bit more about myself…
- I have over 100 hobbies
- I have a hard time finishing anything I start
- I was diagnosed with Conversion Disorder last year
- I listen to all genre of music
- I love things that sparkle
- I LOVE helping people
- I love teaching people the Bible
- I absolutely LOVE being a mom to my children
- I love being a wife, regardless of picking up stinky socks all over my house!
- I love my great grandma Meme. She came from France. I try to spend as much time with her as possible. I love hearing her stories, and she always makes me laugh. She is 93 years old, and I hope she is with us for many years to come.
- My mom and I are inseparable. She is the best!
- I have a group of friends who are reliable, sincere, trust worthy, and loving.
- I attended over 13 different schools growing up, and I still graduated!
- I got married the weekend after I graduated high school, crazy right?!
- I hate cooking but love baking
- I know ASL ( well most of it)
- I love being in the country and being able to hear frogs and crickets at night
- I love being able to watch snow fall, not really that fun playing in it anymore
- I love hosting events like showers, and weddings